Newark Castle has weathered many historic storms. It stands now, partially destroyed, as a reminder of Newark’s turbulent history.
Today, visitors can take tours, visit exhibitions or walk through the Victorian gardens.
- Public toilets are located in the Gilstrap Centre
- Dogs are welcome if kept on a lead
- Surfaced pathways throughout the Castle grounds which are suitable for wheelchairs
- Parking available nearby
- Bandstand for seasonal concerts
- Newark Castle and Gardens is a Green Flag winning park.
The Castle is open all year from dawn until dusk.