This Privacy Statement explains what happens to any personal data that you may provide to us when applying for a council service, when you communicate with us, or that we may collect from you whilst you visit our website.
Information we collect about you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make an enquiry
• Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means such as email, letter or telephone call
• Information collected using cookies on your computer about how you browse our website
Our website puts small files (known as ‘cookies’) onto your computer to collect information about how you browse the site.
- measure how you use the website so it can be updated and improved based on your needs
• recognise the browser you use
• track new and returning users
Advice on cookies from the Information Commissioner’s Office
We use the information that we collect from you:
- to help us provide our services to you
• to provide information to you that you request from us relating to our services
• to provide information to you relating to other services that may be of interest to you. Such additional information will only be provided where you have consented to receive such information
We will not disclose your personal information to any other party other than in accordance with this Privacy Statement and in the circumstances detailed below:
- where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information
• to further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud
• where you have given consent on your application form for the purposes of receiving our services
We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your personal information is treated and stored securely.
We will only keep your information as long as is necessary and then will be destroyed in accordance with our Retention and Disposal Policy.
On occasion we include links to third parties on this website. Where we provide a link it does not mean that we endorse or approve that site’s policy towards visitor privacy. You should review their privacy statement before sending them any personal data.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
Please do not hesitate to contact us regarding any matter relating to this Privacy Statement using firstname.lastname@example.org. We do update this statement from time to time so please do review this policy regularly.
Your personal information may be shared with SeatGeek, our data processor, in connection with the above purpose.
- Complain to the Information Commissioner if you feel that your information is not being handled appropriately https://ico.org.uk/
- to prevent automated processing and profiling
- to erasure ( also known as the right to be forgotten)
The information in this web site is intended for your general information, it is a guide only. Newark & Sherwood District Council have used all reasonable endeavours to ensure the accuracy and completeness of this web site. However, the Council give no representations, assurances, undertakings or warranties about the accuracy, correctness or fitness for purpose regarding the site or any web site referred to by them (“third party site”).
What are cookies?
Cookies are used to:
Find out more about how to manage cookies from your browser
How we use your personal information
Disclosing your information
We will always keep your personal information safe and will never sell it to third parties.
How we store your personal information
How long do we keep your information?
Third party links
Access to information
General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2016 Privacy Notice
The personal information you provide will only be used by Newark and Sherwood District Council, the Data Controller, in accordance with General Data Protection Regulation 2016 to facilitate ticket sale(s) for events at the Palace Theatre.
The basis for processing this information is a contract that is created when you purchase a ticket from us.
Your personal data will be kept in accordance with the Council’s retention policy and schedule. Details of which can be found on in the council’s asset register on our website:
In accordance with GDPR you have a right to:
You may also have a right
For further details about how you information may be used or about your rights under this legislation and any subsequent data protection legislation, please contact the Council’s Information Governance Officer on 01636 655216 or via email on email@example.com
The Council accept no responsibility whatsoever for any reliance placed on the contents of this site. The Council do not approve or endorse the information in any third-party site. The Council accept no responsibility for, and therefore will have no liability in connection with any third-party site. The contents of this web site are the copyright of Newark and Sherwood District Council. You may make copies for your personal use only. You are not allowed to copy and distribute its content in any way without the prior consent of the Council. No link to this site may be placed on any other web site without prior consent.
Queries relating to the website can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.